Simple Ways to Help Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
With data breaches on the rise across the country, the chance your identity may be stolen increases. In order to help reduce your chances of Identity Theft, we have provided a few simple tips for you to follow.
1. Do not give out your Social Security number unless absolutely necessary.
2. Shred your outdated financial, healthcare, and prescription documents.
3. Before recycling your computer, make sure you take out the hard-drive and destroy it.
4. Install an App on your smart phone to wipe it clean in case it is stolen or lost.
5. Monitor your credit report on a regular basis
6. Limit the number of credit cards you carry
7. Review your bank statements on a weekly/monthly basis.
8. Password protect all your electronic devices.
9. Do not use the same password for multiple electronic devices.
10. Be aware of Phishing emails.