Ideas for Cleaning Your Gutters
During the spring, we often decide to clean out the gutters. Clogged gutters can cause problems with water backing up under the roof line and into your home. It is important to keep them cleaned out. In this blog, we are providing tips for helping you to clean your gutters.
· First, hire someone else. This is a great idea for the elderly or those with knee issues or people that do not like climbing a ladder.
· Make sure you have a secure ladder, gloves, and a long sleeve shirt.
· Know where your powerlines are to prevent from coming in contact with them.
· Make sure you use the buddy system. It is always a good idea to have another person with you especially if you are using a ladder. They can help secure the ladder for your protection.
· Use a small scooper to help get out the muck and dirt that has accumulated over the previous months.
· Keep plastic bags preferably the larger industrial strength bags so you can place the muck and dirt in the bags instead of on your lawn.
· Once an area is clear, rinse out the gutter with a hose.
· Also, consider installing gutter guards to help prevent large debris from gathering in your gutters.
Hopefully, this will give you some good tips from cleaning your gutters and preventing damage by clogged gutters.